Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Operation Nutrition

This is my biggest issue.
 
I've lost 35 lbs since I started running, but I'm stuck at 157lbs.

Escali 157LG model Arti Glass Digital Scale, Ultra slim profile, 15 Lbs or 7000 gram capacity, Measures liquid and dry ingredients, Easy to clean glass surface, Automatic shut off feature, Both liquid - fl oz, ml and dry ingredients - g, oz, lb + oz Measures, Key Lime Green Finish, UPC 852520003067 (157LG 157-LG 157 LG)
I know it's my eating, but I just can't get my mindset to switch.
 
However, I've determined that in order to get past this plateau at 157lbs, I need to change my eating.

I'm going to start with dinners. There's no more eating out unless we're going with friends or having dinner with family, which is often take-out. Even if we do go out or to BBQs, my choices are going to be a whole lot different.

I'm going to try to focus on clean eating and avoiding processed, boxed and frozen foods and get more wholesome foods that are better for me.
benefits of eating healthy
I'm hoping that if I do well with the dinners, everything else will fall into place. At least, my boys will be eating healthier dinners.

After the summer, I know that I will easily fall back into great eating. Once I get back to work, there's a whole lot less snacking, lunches are better because instead of just picking something out of the fridge, I have to plan it.

This year is different too, because I'd rather spend my lunch getting work done so that I can get to the gym or run, get it done with and go pick the boys up from daycare and then have the rest of the night with them.

I'm hoping that this will help with the remainder of my weight-loss and help with my running goals! I need my mind to switch over to using food as fuel as opposed to worrying about everything tasting good even though it's horrible for me.

Cross your fingers for me!! 

1 comment: