Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Running Community

Despite losing weight and getting healthier, one of the other big benefits is the running community both online and in person.
 
Last night, I went for my run, a nice easy 5K (love how 5K is 'nice and easy' now). On the way, I passed a few other runners. I always worry, "are they going to laugh at my pace" or "do they think I'm just an imitation runner" (whatever that is). Or are they analyzing my posture/gait, etc.
 
These things go through my head, but as we're getting closer and closer, all they do is wave, say hello or give me a little smile.

No chuckling, laughing, staring, gawking, etc.

Races are awesome.

Boston bombing raises questions for organizers of Regina's Queen City Marathon

Everyone cheers for each other. I cheer for those people that pass me and try to encourage those I pass (few and far between) and congratulate each other at the end of the race! It's so much fun.

I've also found an amazing online group called Running Bloggers where I picked up tips, read reviews of races and products and just cheer or commiserate with other runners who blog.




I haven't branched out to running groups yet because with the two boys, getting out at a scheduled time is tricky and once I go back to work, once I get them from daycare, that's my time with them. I'll hit the gym or run outside after work and then pick them up. A running group is great, but at this point, not really feasible.

All in all, it's great to feel a part of something that used to seem so scary to me.

Thanks to those of you that read my blog and comment! I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment