Tuesday, July 30, 2013

iPod woes!

I love listening to music and definitely rocking out in the car (even though my 2.5 year old tells me to stop).
 
When I used to workout at a gym, I'd have my iPod on during cardio all the time. I wouldn't rock out, but I found that it would help distract me from looking at the time ticking by on the treadmill, ellipitcal or bike.
 
When I started running I didn't use my old school iPod Nano because I ran with my buddy and we chatted to pass the time instead.
 
Once I stopped running with her, I used the Nano once or twice but ran into issues with headphones. They kept falling out. Then at some point the set that came with my phone broke and stopped working (I don't use them with my phone at all).
 
I headed out and got myself a new pair of YurBuds,
 
inspire_women_1
 
brought them home to my fully charged iPod and was ready to go.
 
Lo and behold, the iPod wasn't charged. Hmmm. I was pretty sure I'd plugged it in, charged it and hadn't used it.
 
So I plugged it back into the computer, charged it up again so it was ready to take out on my next run (I went music-less again for that current run).
 
The next time I went to grab the iPod (knowing it was charged), nothing happened. It didn't turn on and wouldn't respond to the reset.
 
I accepted the truth. It was time for my iPod to rest in peace.
 
Luckily, I had points on my credit card. I used some points to get myself a little iPod shuffle.
It came this weekend, so I spent some time setting up iTunes again and adjusting my playlist.
 
Yesterday, I came across jog.fm and have myself set for 6:15/km. I can't wait to get out for another run tonight.

I missed out on my big run on the weekend, because my 8km turned into a horrible 5k, instead. I just couldn't continue.

I'll be doing the 8km tonight instead!

Do you listen to music when running?

What's your favourite running song?

If you're having a crappy run do you cut it short or complete what you planned?
 


4 comments:

  1. I used to run with music, but I kept messing up by forgetting the headphones or only loading one song. Now I run in silence which is much safer when out on the road, and it gives me time to "write" the next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to depend on music as well until I started running with a group. I definitely still need it on solo runs for sure. My favorite songs have to be Eminem--Lose Yourself, anything by Foo Fighters, Beyonce, Britney Spears, Maroon 5, or basically any pop music with a good beat. I can't say that I've NEVER cut a run short, but I usually try to finish what is on my plan for the day. But don't beat yourself up about not finishing...you did a lot more than most people will ever do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jog.fm and my Yurbuds! Only headphones that actually stay in my ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow blogger! Thanks for taking the time to comment on my last post.

    Its funny, I just wrote a new blog post on how my long run felt with no music. I definitely prefer music, but if I don't have it - I have to go without (with weird results).

    If I am having a crappy run I usually just battle it out ... unless it is a recovery run and mileage isn't as important. I always stick a long run out no matter what (even if I have to walk) because I felt those are the cornerstone of marathon/half-marathon training.

    Good luck with everything! Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete