Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm back and ready to run!

So this past week has been a little nuts.
 
We went to my aunt's cottage for a few days (Thurs to Mon.), came home, did laundry, did an 8k run, bathed/showered and then headed back for another trip to another cottage (Tues - Sat).
 
 photo DSCN4451_zps270ded66.jpg
My eldest son looking like a turtle stuck on his back!
 
I'm exhausted and miss running. There wasn't much of an opportunity to run and I thought I was going to lose some fitness but honestly, I never stopped moving. Taking two little boys to a cottage where there is fire pits, beaches and lakes I was always heading somewhere.
 
Eating wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either. There were lots of choices which was fantastic but a lot focused around meat and booze. Water was a little scarce because we couldn't drink the tap water so we relied on bottled water, but that was needed more for the baby bottles than my consumption.
 
Anyway, we're back and I'm ready to get training into high gear!
 
I have a 15K on Saturday that might require some walking but that's ok. I've accepted it at this point.
 
After that race, half marathon training will completely begin and starting tomorrow eating will be amazing. I'm quite excited actually!
 
Here's my training for the week:
 
Monday - 11k run
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - softball
Thursday - 5k run
Friday - rest
Saturday - 15 k Midsummer Run
Sunday - rest
 
What's your week looking like?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete