Monday, August 26, 2013

Training this week and an Injury

 
Well, I'm supposed to be in Week 2, but instead I had to do my long run of Week 1 today instead of Saturday due to lots of family obligations.
 
Here's this week's training:
 
Monday: 3 miles 4 miles
Tuesday: Rest day (moving furniture at work)
Wednesday: 4 miles (might be 3, see below)
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5 miles
Sunday: Rest
 
Seems doable! On Sunday, rest day will be spent at the beach with great friends, my husband and my boys so I'm quite looking forward to that!
 
Now to the bad part of the title, an injury.
 
I definitely overdid it at the Midsummer Night Run 15K. My knees and pelvis were in a lot of pain by the end of the run. My pelvis seems to have recovered and I thought my knees were in pretty good shape, but apparently not.
 
I'm always aware of pain in my knees. I notice it when I sit down cross-legged with my kids (both at home and my students) and it's starting to crop up while I run. However, the pain when I run is different from the pain when I'm sitting, which is what is causing me concern.
 
 photo dep_5995807-Human-knees_zpsbd070b3a.jpg
 
Sorry for the stock photo, but the green circle is highlighting my area of pain. When I'm walking/sitting, no pain there. When I get up or run, pain. It's on both knees as well, which I'm not pumped about at all. I'm going to ice them, see how training the rest of this week goes and if it's still bad, off to the doctor.
 
What are you training for right now and how is it going?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Stretch out your IT band super good and ensure you keep doing it. Lots of knee pain is related. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete