Thursday, August 22, 2013

My watch said "WHAT!?"

I plugged in my Garmin to upload the recent runs I've done.
 
It's a sad, sad state.
 
Between July 18th and August 17th, I have done a total of 4 runs including my last race, A Midsummer Night Run.
 
Ooops!
 
It could explain what felt like a complete poop of a race.
 
My splits are absolutely nuts compared to what I normally run.
 
 photo 6f19591a-062a-477a-bcf6-3fcc2a373bb5_zps9767ffd5.jpg
 
Clearly, I need to work on my endurance. Speed during a 5km race is nothing for me. I try to stay around a 6:15/km split. Not possible for me during the 15K.

I've definitely learned from this for my half marathon. I need to start working on my pacing now as I begin doing my longer runs. I'm using the Running Room pace band and I'm hoping to get a half marathon time of 2:30. Do-able, I think.

Yesterday's workout was a little light 4km jog around the neighbourhood. It was supposed to be a 3 mile run but my legs definitely couldn't handle it. They needed the slow speed and the lower mileage. I'm hoping that the 5km that is planned for today will not be too taxing.

What did your first long race look like? As ugly as mine??

What was today's workout for you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment