Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My new candy store!!

You know that saying
 
"Like a kid in a candy store"?
 
That was me, except the store was the Saucony outlet and the candy...
 
SHOES!!
 
Lots and lots of running shoes!
 
I've become a Saucony fan and I absolutely love my running shoes.
 
IMG_20130112_175533_zpsfc0ed6b6 photo IMG_20130112_175533_zpsfc0ed6b6.jpg
The inspiration for the blog name!
 
Granted, they're the only pair that I've ever run in, but why mess with a good thing right?
 
I know they come out with new versions of shoes every year and the salesperson at the store told me what upgrades were made to the Ride 5s to call it Ride 6s. I couldn't bear to part with the Ride 5s so I decided to buy a pair from the outlet.
 
So these are my new shoes.
 
Saucony Women's ProGrid Ride 5 Shoe
Unfortunately, I couldn't remember if I was size 8 or 8.5 so I went with the 8.5's but need to head back to the store to swap them (they don't quite work with the blog name, but since my pink ones were my first, I'm sticking with it).
 
I still have a whole bunch of miles to put on the pair that I'm currently using so they won't be retiring for awhile (until at least after the half marathon). I'm only at 124 miles so I've got lots of wear left. I just wanted to make sure I was covered in case something happened.
 
Here's the big question though. The Ride 5s will eventually no longer exist and I'll need to get a new pair of shoes (hopefully in a couple years but not soon!!).
 
How do you choose your shoes??
 
I ask because there was a very mad man at the Saucony store today who didn't like the Hurricanes, wore them for 10 days outside and wasn't able to return them. I don't want to end up like this angry man (although I wouldn't have worn them outside like that man).

I chose the first pair by heading to The Running Room, getting analyzed by the salesperson and being told which shoes would work for me according to what he saw and what I told him. He showed me the recommended section for me to pick from and I went with style from there!!

I'm so pleased with my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment