Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Motivation? What's that?


Today, I feel like this:
 

 
I have 5km on the plan tonight, which isn't much (a little over 30 minutes) but I know getting out the door is going to be the hardest part. My littlest was up at 5:30 this morning so I'm pretty tired.
 
I need to start pushing myself a little harder right now. In a couple weeks we're going to two different cottages and I know that running workouts aren't going to happen much.
 
I'm hoping that I'm just going through a little blah time and that I'll be able to get out of this funk soon!
 
Ever been in a funk?? What gets you out of it?

2 comments:

  1. I have been in funks, but not so much recently.

    I try to tell myself that even though doing A doesn't seem like something I want to do right now, Ill be happier when it's done and I probably won't regret it. That usually does the trick.

    Hope you can get yourself out of your funk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a funk this week too, Victoria! Yesterday was a beautiful day - sunny, but not humid, a nice cool breeze... getting myself out the door to run was hard work. As soon as I hit the pavement though, I was so happy I was there. I think Jennifer has a good point... often you just have to keep telling yourself you will feel so much better once the run is over (easier said than done, I KNOW!). Another thing I like to do is upload new music to my iPod. I don't know if you enjoy music with your running, but discovering new songs is super exciting for me and by switching my tunes up every few weeks, I find I am more inclined to run simply based on that! Good luck - just remember: you can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete