Friday, July 5, 2013

Training plans are HARD!!

Last week, I mentioned how I was starting my official training plan for my 15 K.
 
I'm using the Hal Hidgon training plan but man is it hard!!
 
He even states that it's alright to move days around in order to accommodate life, which is definitely something I've needed to do.
 
I've had to adjust according to softball on Wednesday, Thursday's are rest days because my legs are a mess after the short 'sprints' and I need to figure out what I can count as cross training because I need to do it during nap time!
 
I literally printed out two calendars (July & August), sat down with a pencil (and a big eraser!) and Hal's plan and put it all on the calendar.
 
 photo DSC_1250_zps4e495135.jpg
 
I think this is how I'm going to do all my training plans from now on.
 
Pencil, coloured pens, calendar and ERASER!
 
I've thought about using a white board calendar and marker as well but I have nowhere to put it right now.
 
Is there anyone else who is still a fan of paper and pencil (or coloured pens?) as opposed to everything digital?
 
How do you keep track of your training plans? How well do you stick to them?

3 comments:

  1. I've always used store-bought calendars and appointment books to plan and log training. I just discovered calendarlabs.com where you can print out monthly calendar pages. It's heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my training plan on an Excel spreadsheet. I actually have a column that tells me how much I have deviated from what the plan calls for. I like to keep totals also - weekly, monthly and training cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My training plan is created in excel, printed out and written over with actuals. Hope to see you at Mid-summer.

    ReplyDelete