Tuesday, June 16, 2015

So..What Now?

I think I'm coming down from that post race high.

I did the tri-a-try two weekends ago and the 15K race this past weekend and I'm left thinking..

WHAT NOW?

Well, first I have to make it to the end of the school year. 9 days left to go but those 9 days can seem really long.

My next race is a sprint triathlon in Grimsby called Iron Girl. They have races all over the States, but I think this is the only one in Ontario.


This race will be a stretch since it's distances are longer than the try-a-tri. I'm definitely going to start my swim training too. Time to really get to the pool for laps and when we head to the cottage I'll be doing a lot of open water swimming as well.

My training was supposed to start yesterday, but I'm still dealing with sore legs from the 15K and my left hip is acting up a bit. I'm getting some good stabbing pains every so often and they catch me completely off guard. I'm hoping to get in a light 5k tomorrow after work to see how everything feels and then we'll either relax some more or get into training depending on how it goes. Plus, I'll get an opportunity to play with my new watch a little more.

Garmin Forerunner 220 review

I'm really fighting the urge to sign up for a race every weekend. It's amazing the high that comes from 'racing' and really pushing yourself.

What races do you have coming up?



1 comment:

  1. I always get the post race urge to sign up for more (and I usually do lol).

    I have a similar watch and I love love it. I geek out over all of the data it provides. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete