Friday, June 19, 2015

Motivation Shmotivation

Apparently, I left my motivation to do any form of exercise on Toronto Island last weekend.


I have done nothing (except hit my step goal) this week in the form of exercise. I haven't even gone for my walks during my lunch break.


Now that I don't have anything until August, my mind is thinking, 'meh, you've got time'.


The biggest motivation killer is definitely work. We have 7 days of school left and all I can think of is what I need to do to get things finished, cleaned up, organized for September, etc. We've had our new Kindergarten orientation on Tuesday and our Celebration of Learning for our current Kinders yesterday and now I'm exhausted! Next week is all about cleaning up my class.
I've decided to just ride this wave of 'meh-ness' for today.

I've also determined that next week is going to be spent getting myself ready for summer. I'm printing off recipes, workouts, calendars to keep everything organized and just being proactive for the summer. I'm setting a goal to get down to at least 150lbs by the end of the summer and I'm completely set on getting there. I'm hoping that having more time to find and cook healthier meals will get me back on track, I just need to keep the junk out of the house.

Does your motivation ever disappear?

How do you get yourself back on track?

1 comment:

  1. I've definitely felt lack luster regarding running a few times. I usually try to find a new way to reinvigorate my love for the sport, whether it's through running with friends or my local RunClub, or signing up for a race. Usually that brings me back to why I love the sport so much. I'm sure you will find your groove in no time : )

    ReplyDelete