Friday, June 5, 2015

National Running Day!

I'm linking up at Eat, Run, Pray DC , Mar on the Run and You Signed up for What? to share my love for National Running Day!




I celebrated this special day by running 4 miles after work. I had noticed from my run on Monday that my posture was really off and that I spent a lot of time looking at the ground and my shoes and that I was really shuffling by the end of the run. I decided that I was really going to focus on my posture and making sure that I was upright so I forced myself to not look at my shoes.

 photo IMG_2510_zpsufj5rkuv.jpg
Wednesday's run!
I think it was pretty successful given that my time was faster and I didn't have a kilometer over 7:00.


I've decided to embrace that fact that I'm always going to be a slow runner. There are no if's and's and but's about it. I might be able to get my time down a bit, but I'll most likely never place. I was very frustrated with this at first, because everything I tried, my times were never getting much better. My goal now is to have fun, get healthy and try to set PBs for myself, which is still a very difficult challenge for me.


The big question on National Running Day was, Why do you run? Here are the reasons I run:


*Me time
* Setting a positive example for my boys
* The extra calories for treats
*The community
*The comfy clothes
*The medals
*The sense of accomplishment


There are so many reasons that people run but this is my list. I think my favourite benefit of running is definitely the community. The comradery at races and events is amazing. The support of everyone, whether you're fast, slow or in between is so fun and inspiring. I can't wait to see what the triathlon community is like! I'm thinking it's the same as the running community and if it is, I'm excited to be a part of such special things.
Scotiabank-Waterfront-Toronto-Marathon


What do you run for?  

3 comments:

  1. All great reasons to run. Love feeling not guilty when I have desserts after a long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely the sense of accomplishment and the feeling of community!

    ReplyDelete