Friday, June 12, 2015

Five Favourite Summer Activities!

Summer is a fantastic time! I love that you can spend most of your time outdoors. For me, work is done (I teach Kindergarten) so I get to take some time to spend with my boys who go to daycare all day. I find lots of ways to keep them busy or else I lose my mind. Luckily, they're pretty good, just love being active.


summer_time-1455175


I'm linking up at Eat, Run, Pray DC , Mar on the Run and You Signed up for What? to share five of my favourite summer activities! Here they go!


#1. Run outside!
Fairly obvious I'm sure. I don't mind running on the treadmill, but I definitely don't push myself on there like I do when I'm running outside. The fresh air, lots of things to look at, people to 'race'. It's fantastic!


#2. Splashpads and parks
My boys love going to the splash pads. They're perfect because I can bring a blanket and a book or magazine and let them run around. They have blast! I usually bring lunch as well so we make an entire morning of it. Then we drive home, both boys sleep and I hit up the $1 drinks at McDonalds!


#3. Beach
Kelso Lake beach
I love going to the beach. We don't go much because there aren't many decent beaches that are really, really close, but as long as there is sand and water I'm happy. Our favourite beach to go to, that is about 20 minutes away and is on a man-made lake in a conservation area is called Kelso (also where my try-a-tri took place). The water is fairly shallow, there is lots of beach space and lifeguards!! There is also a concession stand and BBQs. We often go with our friends who have kids as well. It makes for a great day!


#4. Patios
http://www.wolfs111.com/images/gallery/colonie-restaurant-patio2.jpg
I love eating outside. It's kind of a sad situation at our house because we don't have a table on our deck in the backyard. The one we had was a mess and we just haven't replaced it. I love sitting outside and eating dinner. It also cuts down on having to sweep and clean up once we are done eating (which can be a big mess after feeding a two year old rice).


#5. Afternoons outside
Last summer, my boys would still nap (not sure that's happening this year). After their nap, we'd usually spend the entire afternoon outside playing in our 'pool', their playhouse and with their water table. Again, I grab a book, sit in my lawn chair and watch them play. No wonder I'm able to get lots of reading done!


What are your favourite things to do in the summer?

1 comment:

  1. This one is always tough - I love summer because little man is home from school and we have camp and playdates and fun things going on, but we have summer mostly year round, too. I do love getting to do a little bit more at the beach and getting to take long weekends away with the family.

    ReplyDelete