Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June Goals

In one of my Facebook groups that I'm a part of I was asked to list my fitness goals for the month of June. I've written them down in a note on my iPad but I've decided that I'm going to share them here as well since whatever is on the blog is law, right?

So without further ado, here are my goals for the month:

* Run at least 35 miles
* Finish my June Ab Challenge that was posted yesterday
* 3 run days/3 strength days each week
* 6 week strength challenge (which runs into July)
* at least 11, 000 steps each day
Fitbit One Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker, Black
* Track my food each day


So far, day 1 went well! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

We'll have to see how the rest of the month goes when all the craziness begins!

I did my first strength workout this morning (the first in a long time) and man do I suck! I could barely keep up the exercises for the full minute required! It'll definitely be a push.

I did a 4 mile run yesterday. I've determined that I'm just going to be slow for the rest of my life and that my sub 2:30 half marathon time is going to take everything I have! Also, I'm not sure why I decided to take the last week of May off, but apparently that was dumb. We're not doing that again. A week is just too long to take off. My legs felt horrible at first and I have a massive cramp in my left calf that I just can't work out (hello, massage time!). I guess my foam roller will be my best friend until I can work it out!


What goals do you have for the month?


2 comments:

  1. I am applauding you right now. Making concrete goals like this make such a big difference in progress, and it's plain fun to take on challenges. You got this. And 11,000 steps ain't no joke. Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go get it Victoria! You've set yourself up for success in June. What strength challenge are you doing in July?

    ReplyDelete