Friday, July 25, 2014

The mental game

This round of training is completely different than the training for Niagara Falls and definitely for Washington. My mind was a mess for those last two.


Image


I feel like I've got this and that I'm definitely going to hit my goal.


Here's what happened prior to the Niagara Falls half:
It was my first half, I started back to work about half way through the training after being on maternity leave for a year, the boys started back at daycare and I was just so nervous about the entire thing that my mind was an absolute mess.


Washington was a beast on it's own. Two words helped to mess up my training. Polar Vortex. That's what I get for signing up for a spring half marathon. I never got a really, really long run in. The longest was 12 km prior to leaving.


This time, my motivation is through the roof. I've established myself at school and know exactly what to expect come September so settling back into the routine should be really easy. The group I train with does long runs on Sunday that I'm going to start going to (after our vacations) so that will help me get those done and out of the way.


I just feel like I'm in a better place right now and that this training is going to be amazing. However, I'm on in week 1 and I know a lot can change, but I think I've planned/thought out most scenarios (apart from really serious ones) so I'm ready!





Bring it on sub 2:30!

No comments:

Post a Comment