Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My *updated* bucket list!

My bucket list keeps getting longer and longer and longer.


I already have one started that I came up with when I started running. You can find it here.

I've added to it.

While the Disney runs are on my list, I'm now looking at the Dopey Challenge. I was planning on doing it in 2016, but we were also thinking about going on a Disney cruise with family so that might not be an option. However, it will be done at some point.

Dopey Challenge Graphic

I've also added a Ragnar race to my bucket list. I think it would be a blast and a challenge all at the same time. I just need to find a team, a place and the money to do it!

Ragnar Relay Series

Lastly, I've just recently added an Ironman 70.3 onto my crazy bucket list. Honestly, this seems completely insane. I'm going to start out small, but I've been inspired by Phaedra over at Blisters and Black Toenails. She's amazing and I want to be like her! I'm aiming for a Sprint Triathlon next year in Peterborough in July as my first race. We'll see how that goes. I need to pick up some swim training and biking (luckily I'm a decent swimmer), but for now my focus will be my half marathon and my cross training will be the swim and biking.

ironman-triathlon
I'm sure this will continue to grow and as the boys get older and more independent I'm hoping to have more time to myself to train for all of these.

What's on your bucket list?



1 comment:

  1. I've recently set a goal of doing a half or full marathon in each of the 50 states. It's going to be costly and take quite a while, but once I started looking at what's out there, I found a lot of neat races in areas I'd never before considered. I'd like to do a tri, but I don't know how to do proper swim strokes, so I'd have to find lessons and commit to learning all of that. It's easier just to keep running.

    ReplyDelete