Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I can't let go!

I've been noticing that my legs are much more sore than they probably should be for the amount that I am running.

I probably could should do more stretching and strengthening and plan to, it's just always pushed to the side.
But I'm not sure that even strengthening and stretching can fix it. I'm beginning to think that my shoes might be the culprit!
Saucony Ride 5
My babies! Saucony ProGrid Ride 5's!

I've been contemplating bringing in my next pair of shoes. I can't believe how difficult it is!

Why am I so attached to a pair of shoes?

It could be any number of things:

- They led me to losing 30+ pounds after having the two boys
- Got me to love running
- Have gotten me through multiple difficult runs
- Been with me for over 250 miles
- Carried me through my first 5K race, 15K race and Half Marathon
- Traveled to Washington and ran some important streets and around some very historical buildings
- Were the basis of this blog

It's going to be weird to look down (I know, head up) and not see my pink running shoes with fluorescent yellow laces below me.

Here's what the new pair looks like:
Saucony ProGrid Ride 5 Women's Running Shoes picture 1
They are the exact same shoe, just a different. I do like them and I'm sure if they were my first pair I would also have difficulty letting go of them too! I probably would have even picked them off the wall at the Running Room! Instead, it was the pink ones that stood out and the ones that I wore on my first run!


I know I'm just being silly and it'll be beneficial in the long run (*pun intended*) but I never thought it would be this difficult to change shoes!


How often do you change your shoes?


Did you have trouble giving up your first pair too?

No comments:

Post a Comment