Monday, July 14, 2014

I'm back!

So I kind of disappeared from here but it's ok because...

It was too hard to maintain two blogs plus teaching and keeping up with the boys.

I've decided to post on both blogs, but since I'm really focusing on my running and the boys are getting older (and not as interesting to everyone else as they are too me) I'd focus on this blog more than my other one.


My last post was last November after I'd completely the Niagara Falls Half Marathon. Since then, I've done 3 more 5k's and the Nike Women's Half Marathon in Washington D.C.


I've also joined a running group called The Nomads. So far I've only joined them for track workouts to work on my speed and it's going really well. They also do long runs on Sunday morning that I'm hoping to join for my half marathon training.


I set some goals for this summer of training. The first was to do a sub-30 minute 5K (I did it, but I'll explain more in a later post). I also want to set a new PR for my half marathon. The current one is 2:39 (done in Niagara Falls) and I definitely did not set a new PR in Washington. I'm aiming for a sub 2:30. I've also set a goal to do a sub 1:10 10K as a part of a half marathon relay team. Lots of goals!
Weight Loss Motivation


I'm currently starting to get ready for my third half marathon which will take place in October. After watching the Scotiabank Marathon on TV last year, I decided that I was going to run it this year. I was torn between this and Niagara again, but I figured I'd branch out and try a different one this year. I've just finished getting my training plan in place. Come back tomorrow to see my plan!


What have you been up to?



No comments:

Post a Comment