Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'm actually going to do this!

Last week, I mentioned that I had updated my bucket list.

I added a Ironman 70.3.




Since then, I've been researching and reading all about triathlons and I've set my sights on the Sprint Triathlon in Peterborough next July as my first one.





Eeep!

Something completely changes as soon as you pick a date!

Want to know the coolest part?

My husband said that he might do it too!

The fact that it is in Peterborough is amazing because it's where my in-laws live. My in-laws are amazing people who will watch the boys while we are participating in the event and still watch and cheer for us.

Now, where to begin!?

First, I have to get through my half marathon in October.

I figure I can use my rest and cross training days for 'tri-training'.

I'm assuming I'm going to need to start logging more kilometers on my bicycle (even though it's definitely not a great bike for triathlons).

Honestly, I had thought about doing triathlons a long time ago, but knew that running would be my weakness. I think I have it under control now, especially a 5K (I know running at the end is hard though).

I can swim fairly well and can probably handle the swim involved in a triathlon, but the open water will probably be my issue (not a fan of not seeing the bottom). I'll have to figure out where to train come the spring and I'll probably hit up lane swimming during the winter at the community center.

The blogs and websites I've been reading are definitely helping me figure this all out. Luckily, I have about a year to get everything under control.



This chaos scares me!


I'm just really excited that my husband might actually do it with me!


I'm going to try to get myself to an event this summer, either just to watch one or to do a 'try-a-tri'. There is one at the beginning of September that is on my radar but it's the first weekend after the first week of school and is usually when the exhaustion from the first week hits. I really just want to watch a transition and figure out how to do it all and what exactly I need for everything!


I'm completely psyched!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment