Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A dream is a wish your heart makes!

Yesterday, my Facebook and Twitter were inundated with posts and tweets all about the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon Weekend.

Picture

These are the types of races that I currently am dreaming about! The Disney runs, run-cations and Ragnars!

There are a few barriers to my participation in these races.

The first problem I have is that I have two little boys under the age of four that attend daycare full time (at least during the school year). The cost of races like the one above is insane and I'm sure that they are going to get more expensive as the years go on. Also, they are a handful right now. Maybe when they get older, run-cations and trips to Disney will be more enjoyable than they would be now. My stress level would be through the roof, which isn't a great way to run.

The second issue is my job. Being a teacher, I do enjoy having summers off, but there isn't any 'vacation' time available to attend a race in January or May. I'm hoping to find a way around this in the future, but right now, it's not possible.

So right now, I'm 'stuck' doing races around town. Granted, there are a lot of races and lots of cities around us, seeing pictures and blog posts of people attending all of these other races makes me slightly jealous!

Image

I'm just hoping the future that I'll be able to attend these races!

Have you done any Disney races?

Want to be on a Ragnar team with me at some point? I'm warning you now I'm slow!

1 comment:

  1. The teaching gig really is a hindrance when it comes to the freedom to do things sometimes.
    I live near Disneyland, so I'm able to easily do those races. I've only been to Disney World for a race once, and it was because I was subbing, so I was able to take the time off. When I fist started doing them, they were just fun local races, that were slightly more expensive and a bit different than the standard race because you run through the parks. The last few years, though, social media has given them way more traction and hype than they deserve. Nowadays they tend to be incredibly crowded and the runners are not always very considerate. They're so busy posing for photos that they'll stop right in the middle of the lane to pose for a photographer and you have to swerve to avoid crashing into them. You're really not missing out on much. I know it seems that way when everyone on Twitter and Facebook gets excited, but the hassle is starting to outweigh the fun factor.

    ReplyDelete