Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Run List

After my first race back in May, I decided that I was going to do one race per month this year.
 
I think that's all I can handle with the boys being so young and still wanting to have some family time at this point. It's hard to wait around at a start line/finish line with the two boys doing nothing (I'm sure that's what they're thinking they're doing). Eventually I'll be able to bump up the number of runs but for now this works for our family.
 
Here are the runs I'm doing for the remainder of the year.
 
June

Bread & Honey Festival 5K
Color Me Rad 5K

July

Eaton Downtown Dash 10 K

August

A Midsummer Night's Run 15K (*gasp*)

September

Oasis Zoo Run 5K

October
 
Run for the Cure 5K
Niagara Falls 10K

December

Santa Shuffle 5K
 
I might sneak in a couple more here or there in the fall (September - November) but we'll have to see what's available. Then I get to start planning for next year. I'm going to throw in a half or two next year and see how it goes.

Do you plan out all your races ahead of time?
Or do you look for something a week or two ahead?
How many races do you do a year?


6 comments:

  1. Great schedule!

    I plan some of my races ahead of time. There are some that require travel, and I need to make sure that our schedules are clear to accommodate me.

    I'm ok running something at the last minute (or a week or two ahead), but I really like having time to mentally prepare myself.

    My first race was May of this year, and so far, I have another 5 or 6 that I plan to do in 2013. It's going to be an addiction, that much I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the addiction part of it. I also find that I want to register before the prices jump up with the dates.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great schedule. I do plan way out but if I spot a local 5k that I missed I may jump on it depending on what is going on about that time. I have 2 little ones as well so it is hard to expect them to sit for too long doing "nothing" (in their minds) as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure the running "season" up here is pretty much May to October with a few thrown in during the off season so I have to budget and plan what I want to run.

      Delete
  3. Awesome schedule!

    So happy I found your blog via your comment on Macdonald's Playland :)

    I just finished my first 5k last weekend, and signed up for 2 more runs in July.

    I'm definitely a new follower!

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anni! Congratulations on your first 5k!

      Delete