Monday, August 25, 2014

STWM - Week #5 Update

5 weeks in, 7 weeks to go until my next half marathon!

 
It still seems a million years away, but I know that once I get back into the swing of school time will fly quickly and 7 weeks will blow by!
 
That being said, training has been a little really lacking, not to mention the nutrition this week.
 
After being at the cottage, then a 3 day turn around to go to Arizona, running and nutrition has gone out the window.

I did manage to squeeze in a 3.75 kilometer run on Monday, but some lovely GI issues kicked in and after a fantastic first kilometer, the second and third were completely disgustingly bad. Bad as in the plus 6:30 mark. I managed to catch up with the boys who were at the park with my husband and we all walked home.

Upcoming week:

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Traveling (that's exercise enough with the two boys)
Wednesday - Track workout (6x400 @ 2:18)
Thursday - Rest
Friday - 5k
Saturday - Bike ride
Sunday - 5 or 6 miles (depending on stomach issues)

This week also marks the last week of my summer vacation. I start back to work on September 2nd and my whole workout routine will be changing. I'll start doing my short runs in the morning before I go to work and on running rest days I'll be riding my bike to work (provided it's not raining). I also start my spin class on Sept. 9, which I'm really excited about. But I'll write more about my hopeful shift in my workout/nutrition routine in a couple of days.

For now I'm off to enjoy one last day of vacation before the chaos of travel begins again!



What are you up to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment