Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My BIG 5 year goal!


I have decided on my five year goal.

If someone asks me who I want to be in five years, my answer will be an...


Ironman!
(Or is it Ironwoman)?

It is a far away goal, but I think that doing it in five years is definitely doable. I'm thinking that for most people it's probably doable in 2 or 3 but with a full time job and two young boys that require a lot of attention five years is doable but still challenging, especially since I haven't done an actual triathlon yet.

My goal race is the Ironman 70.3 in Muskoka. I chose this race because it's the one closest to home and trying to determine race and travel logistics (even five years out) seems as though it'll just add a whole bunch more stress when I don't really need it and probably won't need it!


I also figure that within five years I can get all the proper equipment to do a triathlon, considering I currently have a large, heavy bicycle, a helmet, a bathing suit and some running shoes. Nothing near what I need to actually complete a high level triathlon very effectively. I'm hoping that the five years will give me time to collect enough money and therefore be able to purchase some better equipment than what I have. I'm also hoping I'll have a lot of "supportive" hometown fans!

I also really need to get my half marathon time down to preferably somewhere under 2:00, which I'm working on and hope to be closer to the 2 hour mark than the 3 hour mark.

I haven't really laid my goals out to my husband yet, but I know that since it's a long way away he'll be supportive and that he'll be there to cheer. If it was next year, he tell me I was crazy and probably admit me to a mental health ward!





No comments:

Post a Comment