Tuesday, August 5, 2014

STWM - Week #2 & 3 Recap

I'm glad I built in buffer weeks for my training.

This is one of those weeks where things were all over the place.

My husband took the week of work to spend some time with the boys and then to head up to my aunt's cottage.

Monday - Rest
Originally I was supposed to do my long run that I had missed on Sunday on the Monday, but that didn't happen. I ended up going shopping with my mom and then in the evening the rain came along.

Tuesday - 6.5 km
I finally got out for the long run. My husband 'pushed' me out the door. I kept putting it off and putting it off and of course the minute I step out the door, it started to rain but I persevered and made it through my long run. Of course, I came back with my first blister.


7 Tips For Running in the Rain
Running in the rain led to my first blister!


Wednesday - Sunday
We were away for the weekend so I didn't do any running. I probably could have, but with the two boys at the cottage it's a lot to get out by yourself for more than 15-20 minutes. I did manage to swim a couple times and try to get more comfortable in open water. I have to admit, I was nervous, especially when we kept seeing turtles everywhere and I know that there is a gigantic snapping turtle in there somewhere.

For week three, I only got in two runs. I squeezed my long run on the holiday Monday. I did 8 k (4 miles) at probably the most ridiculous time ever. I went at 10:45 (while my husband took the boys to the park) and felt like I was going to pass out when I got home. I immediately took a freezing shower and had a Gatorade (left over handout from a race) and felt better. I was very proud of myself for doing it. My next long run will be with the running club. I need support to get these long runs done.

I also upped my track workout. I did 6x400m in under 2:18 ech time. The last one was definitely difficult. I felt it big time but man do I love track workouts now!

Upcoming week:

More cottage! Time to work on some more swimming, reading and suntanning!

I'll be back the week after when training really needs to pick up since I've definitely taken a break this last little bit.


Sand Lake without the docks by Jabeez
Ahhh, sand and sun (and mosquitos but they're worth it)!


No comments:

Post a Comment