Tuesday, November 4, 2014

I'm back...again!

So I haven't posted in awhile.

After Scotiabank, things have gotten quite hectic again.



We've had a number of crazy things to do with the boys and as a family and time has slipped away from me.

I've also been sick and dealing with pink eye. Ah, the life of a Kindergarten teacher.

Running is kind on the back burner right now because with the colder temperatures and my cold, my asthma has really been acting up and I need to get it back under control before I start running outside again.


I am focused on my weight though.

I've joined a DietBet with a group of online friends and I have 6 lbs to lose by November 28th. I started at 161 and need to get down to just over 154 before that date. If I do, then I get to split a pot of money amongst all the winners. If I don't, I lose $10.

I've already lost 3 lbs, just by adjusting and keeping a very close eye on my eating. I have 1260 calories to work with through the day and I have to hit 10, 000 steps on my FitBit (which adds a few more calories). I also have cut out eating after dinner, which some nights is extremely difficult. The only thing I have is Decaf Yoga (Chai) Tea from Epicure. I'm not a huge fan yet, but I'm getting there. It's definitely a nice calming thing once the boys go to bed.

I'm hoping to join World Gym in the near future (within the week) and I'm hoping that I'll get to do some running on the treadmill and those last 3 lbs will fall off quickly.



I'm starting to build up my 2015 race calendar and I'm eyeing either the Scotiabank Half again or the Road 2 Hope Half in September. A small, teeny, tiny piece of me is thinking of doing a full marathon, but based on my previous record of keeping with a training schedule, I think it's way to ambitious. I'm also planning on doing two or three triathlons so I've got to get some swimming and biking in.





Have you started thinking of your 2015 race calendar yet? What's your 'big' race?

No comments:

Post a Comment