Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My first visit to World Gym!

The other day I mentioned that I was hoping to join World Gym relatively soon.

Well, I did last week.
world-gym

My husband and I piled the two boys into the car and proceeded to get ourselves signed up as World Gym members.

The only downside was that I was sick and that I didn't actually get to use my membership until Sunday and even then it was stretch.

I've been fighting a cold/pink eye/bad cough/asthma and now an ear infection for the past three weeks. It's been amazingly fun (*dripping with sarcasm!*). I'm on a round of amoxicillin so I'm hoping that will help.
chibird
Isn't this what everyone wants to do when they're sick? Too bad work gets in the way!

Anyway, we took the boys to the zoo for the morning because they are getting to be two very busy boys and need to get some energy out. We ran around the zoo for a few hours and then headed home.

I hmm'd and haa'd about going to the gym for about half an hour.

"I should really work out"
"But the pressure in my head is too much"
"Even walking on the treadmill is better than sitting here"
"But I'm so cozy under the blanket"
"It'll add a couple extra calories you can eat"

That did it.

I had been dreaming about a hot chocolate but had been putting it off because I didn't want to eat too many calories for the day.

I went to the gym, set the treadmill timer for 40 minutes. I figured a 5 minute warm-up, 35 minute run and then 5 minute cool down.
The moment when you're running to your favorite song and almost fall off the treadmill because you try to dance at the same time.
May have done this as well!

What I got was a 5 minute warm-up, a 5 minute run with lots of coughing, 10 minutes walking at a 4.0 incline and then a 15 minute run at a slower speed and another 5 minute walk at 4.0 incline, plus my cool down.

Definitely went in over ambitious, but it was done.

I'm excited to go back tomorrow to check out some of the weight stations and do some ab work. That is, if I'm not overly intimidated by the crazy muscle guys that are there too.

Tonight is spin class and I'm looking forward to that too, since I missed last week!


1 comment:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.
    mens workout clothes

    ReplyDelete