Monday, November 17, 2014

Motivate Me Monday Link-Up

Good Monday morning.

Honestly, it would be a fantastic Monday if I had slept better and there wasn't as much snow on the ground as there is, plus it's still snowing.
Martin Crawford brushes off his car in the Carlaw and Danforth Aves. area today. With 15 centimetres of snow expected today and more coming, Toronto is the Great White North once again. Mar 05, 2008.

I've decided to start writing out my weekly fitness plan and link up with Fitness Cheerleader and Running Rachel for #MotivateMe Mondays.

I'm hoping that this will keep me on track and help me to reach my goals!

Here's my plan for the week:

Monday: 45 minute run/walk on the treadmill.
I'm still having trouble with my asthma and find that even running on the treadmill inside is causing flare-ups. I'm alternating between running and walking with a fairly steep incline. That way I'm still feeling some effects of cardio without the wheezing.

Tuesday: Spin class
I haven't been in two weeks because of an ear infection and a nasty cold. I'm excited to go!

Wednesday: Not sure yet.
It's my husband's day to go to the gym (we alternate), but I might be able to get him to pick the boys up at the end of the day and sneak in a quick weight/cardio session after work.

Thursday: Weights/cardio

Weekend: Rest days
We're heading out of town on the weekend so the gym is going to have to wait. Again, if I can convince the husband to pick up the kids, I can sneak in a quick cardio session after work on Friday.

I've found that I enjoy going to the gym. I'm getting more comfortable and still prefer to spend most of my time hanging out on the cardio machines, but once my spin class sessions are done (2 more weeks), I'm going to hit up the boot camp they have at the gym. It looks really intense and it's at the same time as spin so getting out of the house won't be difficult.

2

Nutrition wise, I'm just hoping to stay below or right around my calorie goal for the day and not to snack or having any treats after dinner (except my chai tea or water).

Here's hoping that I'm able to stay on track this week!






3 comments:

  1. I am thismuch jealous of your snow. We are heading into a "deep freeze" and all we had to show for it was torrential rain and tornado warnings. Not quite the same :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have 27 kindergarten kids to dress up three times a day I might enjoy it more....maybe. It is definitely getting me in the Christmas mood though!

      Delete
  2. Hi Victoria, thank you so much for participating in the first #MotivateMe Monday link up! Your plan looks fantastic, and wish you luck in getting hubby to cooperate so you can fit your workouts in. I have first hand knowledge in knowing how hard that can be :) I love bootcamp classes but like you, I find that cardio often wins when I'm faced with a choice. Have a healthy and fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete