Friday, November 21, 2014

Hitting the Weights..a little TOO hard

Sunday, I decided to venture off my treadmill and out into the steel and pleather jungle that is the World Gym weight area.


The steel jungle!
 
I call this a jungle because there are so many machines that you need to navigate through that it's crazy! I may know what half of these are.

I warmed up a bit on the treadmill and then went into a little area where they have free weights and mats.

I did some bicep curls, some push up rows, chest flies, planks and abs. I figured that was a good start and I headed back to the treadmill. I felt a good burn in my arms and figured it was just them getting back into the motion. It's been 4.5 years since I really touched a weight so I wasn't surprised.


My favourite exercise!

Three days later, I'm was still feeling the pain.

Clearly, I did too much too soon!

Getting my little guy out of his crib was a weight lifting experience all on it's own! I almost had to drag him out some mornings.

Things have finally gotten back to normal, but I haven't been back to the gym since Monday. Between snow storms, having work to do and being exhausted, I just haven't had the chance.

I guess I'm still figuring this whole process out again, both the weights and time management!

How do you get it all done?

What are the best remedies for workout pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment