Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My inner voice...

...looks like this:


Bellatrix Lestrange - bellatrix-lestrange Photo
Bellatrix Lestrange or me in the mornings?


Or at least that's how I've started picturing her in my head lately (maybe it's because I just finished watching a Harry Potter marathon over the weekend).


I hear from this inner voice a lot (I promise you I'm not going crazy). She's very good at talking me into eating bad foods or skipping runs or giving in during spin class. She pops in at the most inopportune times.


My goal is to silence her. Of course, easier said than done. If it was easy to do, I'd weigh a whole lot less, would be eating a whole ton cleaner, I would be in perfect condition for the half marathon and I'd be hitting my sub 30:00 minute 5K more often than twice.


I give into my self-doubt very easily.



I'm going to start off easy by setting a plan for my half marathon and sticking to it.


The plan is to run it. Well, run the majority of it. I'm going to stick to the plan that I had with my Niagara Falls Half which was to run until I got to a water station. At the water station, I will grab two cups of water (or one water, one Gatorade) and walk until I finish both, mostly so that it actually gets in and then run again. There will most likely be a bathroom break somewhere along the way (it's hard to hold it after having two kids) but other than that, walking is not an option.


STWM 2014 course map
The course!


I'll have to definitely silence Bellatrix later in the race. My legs will be screaming and my body will want to stop, but I'll just have to keep pressing. I'll let you know on Monday how it went and whether I was able to start the demise of my inner voice.


Do you have an inner voice?


How do you defeat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment