Friday, October 3, 2014

STWM Update!


I haven't posted for awhile since life has been really busy with schools, the boys and a little bit of running/fitness thrown in.


Most nights I'm heading to bed around 9:30 since I'm up early and on my feet most of the day.

I haven't been getting my short runs in, but I have been getting to my long runs which I think is extremely important. So far, I'm up to 14k and I have 16 or 17km for this weekend coming up. They are very slow, but I'm finishing most right around the average pace I'd like to so I'm hoping that I'll be able to push during the race and get my pace lower than it currently is.





I'm still aiming for around a 2:30 finishing time, which translates into an average pace of just over 7 minutes. Most of my long slow runs have been around 7:20 but there's also a lot of hills on my running route which add to the slow time.


This past weekend, I ran the Island Girl half marathon relay. I ran the second 10.5km in 1:09:59. My goal was under 1:10 so I beat my goal! I'll post a race report next week but it was wet, rainy, sunny, humid and hot.


I've added in spin classes on Tuesday nights too which I absolutely love! I look forward to it every Tuesday. Almost as much as my son looks forward to his gymnastics each week.






One issue that has come up is stomach problems, but that's a post for another day and I'd love your feedback.


How is your training coming along? What are you training for?

No comments:

Post a Comment