Tuesday, October 14, 2014

5 Days to go...

..and I'm as ready as I'm going to be at this point.

STWM You can do this
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

If you lived with me, you'd probably think I've given up running completely.

I haven't run in 3 weeks.

I just have no motivation to get out there and go. You'd think that the looming half marathon would be motivation enough, but nope. I've even accepted that if I don't reach my goal then meh.

I think that 14 weeks (or 12) is too long for me to train. I need a shorter time period with more intense workouts I guess. I'm thinking that next time a 10 week training plan will suffice.

This isn't anything new.

I was horribly trained for the Nike Women's Half in DC in April and I was somewhat prepared for the Niagara Falls half last October. I figured my body has done this once or twice but I can handle it again.

I'm looking forward to it.

One big thing I'm going to try is holding off on my music until I get to the struggling stages of the run. I've heard that tip from Janae at Hungry Runner Girl a few times and I'm going to see if it works.

This weekend is a busy one.

Friday night, I'm off to see Wicked with some girlfriends from work. Saturday is the expo/packet pickup and I'm spending the night at my sister's so that I don't have to worry about parking, getting lost, etc. I'm going to take the train to her place on Saturday and the take it home after the race on Sunday. It'll make life much easier!

Wicked-poster.jpg

So, if you're in a finger crossing mood, I'd love some sent this way!

It might be the only way I make it through this half.



No comments:

Post a Comment